The Harbour Group (THG) is looking for a smart, hard-working and creative professional with a track record of developing and executing corporate communications and public relations programs that integrate tactics such as media relations, social media outreach, content development and events. An ideal candidate should have three – five years of related communications experience, as well as proven writing and project management skills. Agency experience preferred.
THG’s Associates work closely with managers and senior staff to develop and oversee client programs. Position responsibilities include:
- Implement projects/programs for clients.
- Assist with the development of new programs within existing clients and identify other strategic opportunities for client growth.
- Provide counsel and support to colleagues and clients, including all sectors of traditional and new media; develop client plans.
- Draft printed materials, such as news releases, online content and op-eds.
- Write and oversee the distribution of various materials, such as client proposals and planning memos, meeting briefing/background documents, media materials, and website or newsletter content.
- Oversee the organization of client events and coordination of event logistics.
- Conduct media relations to support client programs, including developing and managing relationships with key reporters, pitching reporters and editors, utilizing digital media and other tactics to pitch stories, and serving as a spokesperson, if required.
- Assist with the preparation of business development and program presentations to potential and existing clients, as well as internal constituents.
Candidates should demonstrate proven project management skills, have strong organizational skills and must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously. An advanced degree in communications, journalism or business is preferred.
The Harbour Group is privately held, so we answer to our clients. The firm is also deeply committed to providing a supportive and fulfilling work environment with competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .