The Harbour Group is searching for a Director, Corporate Communications. This member of the team has the responsibility to manage strategic programs within existing major THG accounts, work with account leaders to develop new opportunities within these accounts and support the firm’s other new business efforts. This team member will help facilitate the growth of the firm’s business model, developing and supporting new business initiatives while managing existing accounts. Position responsibilities include:
- Lead implementation of significant projects/programs for existing clients (including managing staff resources, as required).
- Assist with the development of new programs within existing clients and identify other strategic opportunities for client growth.
- Lead relationship and development/implementation of programs for other firm clients as appropriate, with guidance from senior management.
- Play lead role in all aspects of media relations, including story development, media targeting, media pitching, content development and follow up in support of existing clients.
- Operate as leader and work collaboratively with team members to develop and implement communication strategies that broaden the impact of client programs.
- Provide counsel and support to clients, including all sectors of traditional and new media; develop client plans, draft printed materials, such as news releases, online content and, op-eds.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Assist with the preparation of business development and program presentations to potential and existing clients, as well as internal constituents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Minimum of six to ten years progressively responsible experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively with client executives and other management personnel.
• Hands-on media relations experience, as a spokesperson or press secretary, preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and manage online reputation and digital media programs.
• Demonstrated ability to generate graphical presentations.
• Undergraduate degree in related discipline required; advanced degree preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Creative thinker.
THG is deeply committed to providing a supportive and fulfilling work environment, with competitive salary and benefits. THG is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com .